Friday, September 20, 2013

Vogue Needs a Warning Label Before You Open It

Im only half kidding when I say that Vogue needs a warning label before you open it. Each time I open up a new issue or wonder onto their website I always come out with a new obsession and I'm always devastated by my disgustingly expensive taste. My latest obsession is with mens fashion and more specially Rag & Bone, a fashion empire started by David Neville and Marcus Wainwright as a jeans company that now make clothing. 

As if the advertisements weren't effective enough to make me want to sell my soul for such spectacular clothes, the articles push me over the edge into a sea of obsession and evidently dramatics. Thank to the fabulous Vogue website I can search for Rag and Bone and get anything they have ever written about the company and the designers, supplying my current addiction. They had over 552 articles covering the brand. Naturally I just kissed my Friday night goodbye. 

I really loved an article written by Katherine Bernard which focused on a studio tour of the Rag & Bone workspace in the Meat Packing District in Manhattan. In true Vogue fashion, the article was accompanied by several photos, WooHoo! The article mainly discusses what the office looks like with some quotes from both designers. I would have loved the article to go a bit deeper but the photos helped a lot with that.

Another article that really stood out to me was "Why Rag & Bone could be the hardest working guys in Fashion", the article highlights all the hard work that Neville and Wainwright put into their collections. They have over 30 styles of jeans alone for girls. They focus on fit and fabric for their jeans.  The article also announces the official opening of their store in SoHo which started out as a a pop-up shop in 2009 on Fashion's Night Out and the pair decided to open up the shop for good.

Vogue does an excellent job of covering designers and making them not only incredible people but incredibly human.  I can't wait to see who and what will be my next Vogue-Inspired Obsession. 











No comments:

Post a Comment