Friday, May 10, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Chris Jones

After talking with Chris Jones in class I was eager to kept reading more of his work. He is a very honest and interesting person. I came across an article he had written about how he met his wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

That's what makes Chris Jones such a good writer I think. That you get a feel and understanding of who he is as a person through his writing.  There are thousands of great writers out there but very few are so good that the reader feels like they know the author as a person. His personality is demonstrated throughout his writing.

This article I liked a lot, it was written very well. He gave a lot of detail so you felt like you were there when he was in a beaver costume getting the crap beaten out of him. I also liked that you didn't really know exactly why he was writing the article until the end, it was featured under a mans guide to getting married. I thought he was just telling a funny story about him and his wife but at the end he tied it all together and his advice was well hidden. Don't look for it, it will come on its own. The advice wasn't shoved in your face which i think was a nice technique.

I would love to intern for him for a summer and learn how to become a great writer like him. He breaks some of the writing "rules" and does it incredibly well. I think he is definitely one of the greatest writers I've come across in the journalism field.

No comments:

Post a Comment