Friday, May 10, 2013

Where the sidewalk ends

Another article by Chris Jones, covering Manly Night at the Playboy Mansion, really exemplifies his great writing ability. Although I'm not Hugh Hefner's biggest fan, I never knew much about him other then his role in Playboy Magazine, I was able to enjoy the article a lot.

It was really endearing to be get the opportunity to be a fly on the wall at Manly Night, it gave a great look into Hefner's life. From my previous understandings nights at the Hefner mansion were full of extravagant and outrageous parties. Manly Night, I thought, would have been the same, however, clearly I was wrong.

Jones does a great job portraying the events of Manly Night for the reader. It's truly just a few old  friends having Innocent fun watching movies. It's nothing how I pictured it. It appears that Manly Night is also extremely exclusive so I think its great that Jones was able to get an insiders look to the club.

Something that I also admire about Jones is his ability to take himself out of the story although he was in the middle of it, he makes it look like he was a fly on the wall rather then a guest, a technique I have to get more familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment